June 11, 2011 June 12, 2011
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ~ Bucky Fuller
At Gathering ’11 next month, leading thinkers, futurists, change-makers and collaborators from across Australia and around the world are coming together to ask:
How might we tap into the potential of emerging technologies, networks, and systems to co-create a thrivable new world?
Where are the opportunities – and what do we need – to build pathways toward a new economy, a cleaner environment, resilient communities, and a happier planet?
What can we all do to build better futures?
Gathering ’11 will be an immersive experience of human-centred technology, leading edge systems and creative and innovative processes drawing from Open Space Technologies. You will be inspired by presentations, dive deep in to participant-led discussions and together we will develop ideas on how to co-create solutions to today’s pressing social and environmental challenges.
Join featured participants from the not-for-profit, government, corporate and community sectors including:
- John Hagel, co-chair Deloitte Center for the Edge (USA) and co-author of The Power of Pull: How Small Moves, Smartly Made, Can Set Big Things in Motion
- Michel Bauwens: Belgian technologist, culture and business innovation theorist and researcher innovation and founder of the Peer to Peer Foundation (Thailand).
- Venessa Miemis: futurist, digital ethnographer and writer at Forbes and blogger at Emergent by Design, founder of Open Foresight and producer of The Future of Money (USA).
- Pete Williams: social web revolutionary and CEO of Deloitte Digital. Helped rebuild Flowerdale after the 2009 Victorian bushfires and is #hannahsdad (Australia).
- Kate Carruthers: Marketer, technologist, educator, blogger. Co-Chief Changemaker at Social Innovation Sydney (Australia)
- Christine Egger: champion of social innitiatives and former Co-Director of Social Actions (USA).
- Stephen Johnson: Social Enterprise Evangelist and Community Catalyst. Head of Social at Community Engine (Australia).
- Jean Russell: collaboration catalyst and founder of thrivable.org and thrivable.net (USA).
- Kristin Alford: Futurist and communicator at Bridge8 exploring the role of science and technology and their links with innovation, economic development, social change and sustainability (Australia).
- Tim Longhurst: Futurist, speaker, minimalist and activist (Australia).
- Ehon Chan: Researcher, teacher and change agent. Co-founder News Unlimited and YESBrisbane, Board Member at PlanBig (Australia).
Join us at Gathering ’11 to discover how we can make positive change with real impact, and lay down foundations to build better futures for all.
When: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Sat. 11 & Sun. 12 June 2011 – Queen’s Birthday long weekend
Where: Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne
Registration details: Register here