November 4, 2011
New Folk are looking for donations of artworks and energies to auction at the Wild Things Forest Fundraiser. This festival event will be a celebration of all the hard work and incredible energy that goes into the ongoing battle to protect our forests. Artists and artisans are sought after for three main happenings at the event.
- A Silent Art Auction will feature as part of the festival, showing some of the amazing art that our natural world inspires. Artworks will auctioned and bids placed over the evening with a reserve price nominated by the artist. 30% of the winning bid will be returned to the artist and the remaining 70% will be donated to the ongoing campaign to protect Victoria’s native forests and to assist with the Save Sylvia Creek campaign.
- The Wild Things Bizarre will also be featured as a lounge space hosting lots of other random fundraising happenings. Face painters, body painters, hairdressers, tattooists and the like are also sought after for the event.
- The Restorative Gallery will be a healing space and is looking for healers who can give massage, reiki, shiatsu, etc to help raise funds.